30.7.16

Various sonderings.

I even had to look up the definition of the term "Sondering." 

    Blogger wants me to correct it, because auto spell-check doesn't register it as a word in the Google dictionary. I care not! I looked it up and found the closest definition to be: Sondering, n. An exploratory action or expedition. 

So what if it's actually just a dutch word. 

    I like to think that this blog is a Sondering. I really have no true objective for this Blog. Maybe I'll designate it with some true goals, once I discover them, and myself a little bit more. There's a real process of discovery and uncovery as I uncover what I can discover about myself. Sort of like panning for gold, you see? Sometimes I mistake Pyrite for real Gold. Fortunately there's beautiful people like YOU who are there to keep me on the right track and tell me when I'm getting out of line. 

    I mean, I've been keeping journals for a long time and only now felt it necessary to start posing my questions and posting my thoughts on a public forum. This, to me is a public forum, even if it takes one thousand years to reach the eyes of a prospective reader. I don't think the Internet is going anywhere soon.

    Where were we? Oh yes... Sonderings! Sonder.... It's a fun word. I think I first found it while stalking Tumblr. social media three or four years back. Oh, look, I found the image. And what a beauty it is to behold! Such magnificent cityscapes in contrast to a simple white text definition! I must oogle at it's deep comprehension of the English language, far beyond my own feeble peasant lexicon! 

   Look at that I've started going mad. Hilarious. I'm sure you're upset for having to read this far. I enjoy having a column of text to fill though. Good fun, this.

Did you know, Gisbourne, New Zealand is the first major country in the world to experience the new day? Hawaii is one of the last places in the world to see the sunset. Anyways, It actually is a good definition and I always enjoyed the word. It expresses the depth of human consciousness, and creativity of language. 

    The Late Terry Pratchett, one of my favorite fiction authors, wrote a book called "The Wee Free Men," and in it the main character is an unassuming little girl by the name of Tiffany Aching. Her part in the beginning was always the most relatable to me. She was pondering upon the emotions that words in her head made her feel like, or more precisely, what emotions these words, once thought of, provoked within her mind. It was giving life and flavor to an otherwise bland dictionary. Giving personality to a string of letters. The associations that I had made with words were now near-tangible. I could feel the strangeness in the word quixotic and suffer dark thunderclouds of feeling when I thought of the impending. 

    I have a deep appreciation for words. And also fiction. Language, especially the English one, often gets jumbled and garbled in the conveyance of pixels on a screen, as it's nuanced tonalities and various plays-on-words get lost in translation. My hope is that you'll join me in my endeavor to help bridge the gap between the unknown and the knowable by connecting with me over a more immaterial bond of soul other than just literal meaning. Hardly if ever, do I have a feeling of knowing what I mean; literally.

As always, dear Reader, til next time,
Peace, Love, and Harmony
~Faaabs

No comments:

Post a Comment