29.7.16

Sleeping until 3:30pm

I love sleep!

    I don't know why, but I've always been a huge fan of sleeping.
Something about the creative juxtaposition between reality and dreams really piques my interest.

   “You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” 
― Dr. Seuss 

    There are some serious disadvantages to not getting enough sleep. I see it all the time in people who are work-a-holics, or party animals, or self appointed "night owls". You can find more about it here, if you don't already know that your body needs that time to recover and heal the cells and brain in the period of inactivity.

    What's interesting to me is how much of a delicate balance our bodies require to function at a peak/optimal level. We have to keep our patterns in check or risk health consequences on either side of the spectrum. Too much sleep is bad, they say, and too little sleep is bad, they say. The Goldilocks society reigns supreme, and everyone wants to capitalize on your fears and insecurities.

Image result for dreams and the brain    Personally I just get fed up with the nonsense of the daily life and the craziness of it all here in Chicago. That's why I like to sleep. I don't understand hype or social crazes, and subsequently don't get involved in them. Things like Pokemon Go just don't click for me. I'll give that new video game a try, if it triggers in my brain things that I like, such as an engrossing storyline with immersive characters and a good skill/combat system. I've never had to worry about those things when I dream, because there is always an engrossing storyline.

If it wasn't engrossing, I wouldn't be dreaming about it.

    And that's why I love sleep so much. It gives my brain something to do to try and make sense of all the sensory mish-mash of the current world we are living in. It's like writing for me. I can just let go and process all the thoughts and emotions that I have captured from the external world and let them out of my internal self in a healthy and uplifting way. Even if it doesn't make too much sense at the moment when it is happening, always in hindsight I feel better off than when I began.

As always, dear reader, til next time.
Peace, Love, and Harmony
~Faaabs

No comments:

Post a Comment