26.8.13

Day 11: New Zealand


Hello, people of the world! Kia Ora from New Zealand, that means hello in the Maori language. The Maori people are really nice, they love their culture and they are very down-to-earth. Their culture is so vivid and intense, just like their mythology. The thing that sticks out to me is that everything has a meaning, every place has a story behind it.

You can check out the story of the creation of the world and New Zealand by going to this website here --->
http://eng.mataurangamaori.tki.org.nz/Support-materials/Te-Reo-Maori/Maori-Myths-Legends-and-Contemporary-Stories/How-Maui-brought-fire-to-the-world

So right now I am writing this from a community computer at an organic farm in Hawke's Bay, New Zealand. I am harvesting vegetables for salads which I prepare and pack to be shipped out to all of Hawke's Bay. It's nice work, not too stressful, but not boring either. I think I will stay here for a while, we will have to see. I have made friends with the other people living here, and we make good dinners together and have good conversations too. There are three French people, one German, and one Vietnamese girl. It makes for a lot of misunderstanding and hilarity often ensues.

We are a musical family, in a way. I play the harmonica & ocarina, the German plays Piano and guitar and so does the owner, a native born and raised in New Zealand. 

I am settling in here and I plan to make a good life for a month or so before moving on. In the meantime I plan on exploring the area in my free time and preparing for the REAL travelling out in the wilderness. 

See you around,
Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment