19.6.13

Bonnaroo!!

  June 13th -- June 17. Within these four days lies both happiness and sadness, joy and elation, and dejection and sorrow. When I first arrived at Bonnaroo, I had just gotten off of the greyhound bus and was walking, thankfully, with a lovely friend that I decided to tag along with, Luna is her name. We ended up getting a ride from this old lady in a white car who had been giving rides to walking Bonnaroovians all day long. Unfortunately Luna had to meet her friends, so I was off on my own! I found a nice place to set up tent, but I couldn't get the feeling out of my head that I was performing and improvising the whole time. It sucked. Finally Friday night when I saw Paul McCartney (tears were shed people, let's admit it) that I really came around and started to enjoy myself. After that, I started to have FUN. I started to meet cool people and even met my most favorite singer and got an autographed album and a hug from her!!!!!



Bonnaroo was the greatest experience that I have ever had, hands down. Not only because of the music (but OH, the music!) but because of the people and the atmosphere of the whole place. It's rare nowadays to find a place where you can just truly and completely be yourself, 100% of the time all the time. If you are tired, then you can go find a nice shaded area, like a nice tree with comfy grass under it and you can take a nap. If you want to dance you can dance. If you want to scream at the top of your lungs or walk on your hands; THE WORLD IS YOUR OYSTER. To Everyone at Bonnaroo, I just want to say Thank You For Being Awesome. Who would have thought that going to a music festival with only a tent, sleeping bag, and some clothes, could help me find myself in a sea of 100,000 people. I've made some relationships that I'll cherish for the rest of my life. I couldn't have asked for a better precursor to my trip to New Zealand!

Cheers,
Phil

2 comments:

  1. Who's your most favorite singer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alice Lake ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zF697WQx4Aw

      Delete